peculiar problem with some of my K2 storie

Quation Form Joomla Group From Facebook
Joomla K2

peculiar problem with some of my K2 storie

Postby Joomla K2 » Sat 02 Jan 2021 12:51 pm

I am having a peculiar problem with some of my K2 stories. When I try and put an image in the story, I click "image," which opens up the images folder and then I should be able to click through the folders to get to the image I want. But I have had several instances recently where everything works fine until I click onto the final folder where the images I want are located. And when I do, I'm returned back to the main images folder.

admin
Administrator

Re: peculiar problem with some of my K2 storie

Postby admin » Sun 19 May 2024 6:51 pm

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with the K2 image browser where it fails to navigate to the final folder containing your desired images. Here are a few troubleshooting steps and potential solutions to resolve this problem:

Clear Browser Cache:
Sometimes, cached files can cause issues with the proper functioning of web applications. Try clearing your browser cache and cookies, then restart the browser and attempt to access the images again.

Check File Permissions:
Ensure that the folders and images you are trying to access have the correct file permissions. Folders typically need to have read and execute permissions, while images need read permissions.

Update K2 and Joomla:
Make sure that you are using the latest versions of K2 and Joomla. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that might resolve your issue.

JavaScript Conflicts:
JavaScript conflicts with other extensions or templates can cause such issues. Open your browser's developer tools (F12) and check the console for any JavaScript errors when trying to navigate the folders. If errors are found, try disabling other extensions or switching to a default template to identify the source of the conflict.

Check .htaccess and Server Settings:
Sometimes server settings or .htaccess configurations can interfere with folder navigation. Ensure there are no rewrite rules or server settings that could be causing redirects or access issues.

Use a Different Browser:
Try using a different browser to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is browser-specific.

Check for Corrupted Files:
There might be a corrupted file in the final folder causing the issue. Try moving the files in the final folder to another location and adding them back one by one to identify if a specific file is causing the problem.

Enable Debug Mode:
Enable Joomla's debug mode (System -> Global Configuration -> System -> Debug System) and check the error logs for any clues when the issue occurs.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you might want to reach out to the K2 community or support forum with specific details about your setup (Joomla version, K2 version, server environment) to get more targeted assistance.